Trust me, growing up I heard my mother tell me I gave her that belly!! Now was that completely accurate, maybe a little.
Too much sugar/processed juices
Not enough HIT Training
Not eating enough healthy fats
Can all contribute to that little pooch, TOO!!
So, control the controlables and allow the body to stay at its healthiest.
How to combate those contributing factors:
1. Stress: Add in yoga. I didn’t believe it either when I used to turn my nose up to Yoga but find a good teacher that you like a take a class once a week.
2. Sugars: Drink a flavored sparkling water; la Croix, San Pellegrino with fresh lime.
3. Decrease soda or add in something that is similar, like the sparkling water, a hot tea, and limit the intake. There really are better options that are just as delicious.
4. Portion control: don’t snack, eat solid meals and in addition have a couple small snacks. Use a smaller plate at dinner time. Be aware of every time you put something in your mouth and add more water! Invest in a water bottle and keep it filled.
5. Limit the alcohol. You’ll be unbelievably surprised how this helps in more areas than just the physical. Better sleep, more mental clarity, more energy, tighter tummy.
6. High intensity training is important because it helps us get our heart rate up and burn calories. If our work outs aren’t challenging us they most likely aren’t changing us. Get a trainer who is passionate about you and your health and goals.
7. Healthy fats are good!! More avocado, salmon, healthy oils – coconut oil, olive oil, more salmon.
Grab your pen and paper now and jot down some of these food items so when you go to the store you’ll remember to grab them!
And most importantly, moment by moment day by day. Understanding we are all works in progress.