Staying in Cozy Wear
Hi friends! I hope you guys are having a good week. Ya know I was thinking last night, like is this thing really going to have an actual end? Will there be a day when we are all released back in to the world? Will we give each other giant hugs? Ok, that may be taking it too far. Being at home 24×7 has definitely had its adjustments but I am a huge believer in the fact that those who can adapt and change quickly will come out winners on the other side. It’s so easy to complain and get stuck in the frustrations and the road blocks, but what if we persevere and press through?
Lately I found myself scrambling out of bed and heading to the closet to find something to wear.
However, with the ‘new normal’ upon us all, fashion is all about being comfy and cozy. Comfort is very important, especially being pregnant! It allows you to move freely and I personally feel also be more productive. Comfy clothes help me to focus and place more energy on whatever I am doing, from resting, watching TV, exercising, walking the dog, riding bikes, or working.
Several of my cozy but still appropriate favorites are below.
- Biker shorts– I have been living in these! Break out the ‘stretchy’ spandex – comfy waistband, comes in a variety of colors, no rolling up on the legs and also keeps sweat from collecting and thighs from rubbing. These are a smart casual piece. Wear with any top, I love an oversized t-shirt look.
- Cozy Skirts – This Amazon Essential skirt is an absolute must have. It is such a basic skirt but it is so cute on. This skirt is another level cozy, comfortable skirt featuring a soft terry cotton blend. There is a functional self-tie drawstring waistband, which makes it perfect lounging material. It comes in a variety of color selection and can be worn with any type of shoe, from heels, to flip flops or sneakers.
- Camis and Tanks – Ok, so truth be told, this is what I have been living in every day behind the camera hahaha Cool, comfortable and lightweight, simple yet classy and they go well with any low cut garment or a variety of shirts, provides great comfort level and you can even sleep in it. There are two favorites of mine. The Express built in bra cami has been a beloved of mine for years, and the Amazon cotton tanks are perfect for anything. You can wear both under a blazer, to the gym, around the house. These will be your go to’s for tops.
- Crop Tank Tops – If you love high waisted denim, leggings or skirts, these sleeveless, cropped hem, racerback crop tops will be your favorites. They have a scoop neck, which make them so comfortable there is a soft lightweight material, so they are great for wearing as Yoga, Sports and Pajama top, comes in a variety of sizes and colors. I love how easy these are for Spring and Summer to tolerate the hotter temps coming!
- Cardigans – I don’t wear cardis much but they are always good to have on hand. I love that you can throw them on top of anything for a casual cute look. Lightweight and comfy fabric keeps skin very cool in hot summer days, the kimono cardigan can be easily matched -Pair it with a bikini by the sea, or tank top, short jeans, flat shoes, easy, simple, trendy and stylish.
- Cozy Dresses – Oh my heaven! Hahahah being pregnant and not in maternity wear yet I have been living in cozy dresses. Comfort is key! These are some of my go to cozy dresses that have been best sellers for us and most worn for me! I love the relaxed fit for an effortless look that’s ready to style or be worn solo!
- Rompers – I have had lots of questions on rompers recently so I am linking here some of my cozy go to rompers. You can dress these up with some wedges or dress them down with slippers and sandals.
Not only are there lots of options, but loose, comfy clothes are actually very trendy, especially at these uncertain times of staying at home. And for the ultimate Staying in Cozy Wear don’t miss one of your favorite blog posts Cozy Cute Dresses here….
So, let’s go shopping!