1. Spend time watering your garden to bring you closer together. You can even tune in via the internet www.xomarriageconference.com
2. Men LOVE when their women do activities with him. Plan something fun and out of the ordinary. Hiking. Kayaking. Bike Riding. Driving a race car at the track with him. Fishing. Renting a boat to see the dolphins. If you’re in FL, Kite surfing?!
3. Plan a SPECIAL evening called, “Me, just for you.” Cook his favorite meal and watch HIS favorite movie, you can even include some comfy PJs. In a Valentine’s Day card, let him know…. “To show you just how much I respect and love you, I will be preparing an evening called Me, just for you. Please be ready in this comfy outfit at 6PM.” If you’re married, possibly even some massage oil?
4. Details, details, details. The POST IT notes on the mirror is always a cute idea. Can you use the restroom and put post its all over the MIRROR with incredible things about him – you are amazing, there’s no other man like you, I love you, I respect you, I thank God for you, You are the most handsome guy ever, Hottie!, You make ME SO happy, You are SO special, your name is music to my ears, I am praying for you today, you are a blessing to me, you have a beautiful smile, there is no one like you, you are the greatest DAD ever, you still give me butterflies …. Describe all the wonderful things about HIM. Post them in a heart or I <3 You
5. Create a CANVAS with the following (MY FAVORITE) quote – this is so easy to do at Walgreens and is so inexpensive. I wrote this on an index card for my boyfriend when we first started dating and it has carried us through some difficult times. (Excuse the quality – it’s the original)
6. My sweetheart is more of a QUALITY TIME kind of man, but if yours likes to receive gifts, a nice watch, some cologne (Chanel Sport is amazing or Hanne Moree), dress socks, a scarf, Oakley sunglasses. Check out Nordstrom.com for free and fast shipping
7. A NIGHT OUT – We have these Movie theatres with dinner included called Cine Bistro. It’s so nice. He is typically taking me – I can switch it up and TAKE HIM INSTEAD.
8. A cute Mason jar from the $1, filled with little pieces of paper for why you LOVE him OR create a SCRAPBOOK from your phone with pictures and add reasons why you love him, speak uplifting words on every page.
9. I love to write on little index cards quotes and leave them places for him – in his car, in a book he is reading, mail it to his office, under his pillow.
10. I love the idea of getting him a necklace with an engraved message – I used ETSY and made a NECKLACE that had a cross and a small pendant. I wrote “Rooted in Him” which is a bible verse from Colossians 2:7 “rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.”
What about a date on Valentine’s night to the restaurant where you had your first date? Ladies, new dress and heels for this? Don’t forget a sweet card, and lavish the LOVE on him! Our men do so much for us, work so hard, and do so much to make us happy. May we use this time to just show our APPRECIATION for them.
While this is a day to use to shower our loved ONE with LOVE, may we remember that it is every day that love is actually built. Through true forgiveness, extra grace, and patience, lots of patience with one another. Practicing the LOVE that never fails.
Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance. 1 Corinthians 13:4-8