Hi friends! Happy weekend to you!!
Today I am excited to share with you the one thing that has helped my mind during these uncertain times. Self-care! Right now, self care is more than an indulgence. It increases your confidence and helps maintain a sense of ‘normalcy’ in your life. With a little bit of home care, you will allow yourself to disconnect for a few hours and fill more connected to yourself. You know, I have realized, self care is actually hard work and requires intention – showing up for yourself, cooking when you feel like ordering, washing the extra dishes so tomorrow you walk into a sparkling kitchen, taking a moment to prioritize your needs and not your wants. It’s simply doing the things that make you feel good, whole and happy- just being aware of YOU.
I have listed a few self care practices that I have incorporated in my ‘stay at home’ routine and think you will find these helpful too.
- Feet/Pedicure – nothing like clean, self manicured polished toes! A ‘feel good feeling.’ At home I begin with a nice foot bath in warm water, try pumice to loosen dead/hard skin, add a few drops of coconut oil or Epson salts that are so relaxing. Then file or trim, moisturize, lotion and finally a fun pop of color.
- Facial Masks – my favorite part of pampering is using these Korean, anti-aging, brightening gel sheet masks that hydrate and moisturize. They came recommended by an aesthetician and a great treatment for your face.
- Spa Facial Headband – soft, comfy, with elasticity, can be washed without losing shape
- Colleen Rothschild’s Radiant cleansing balm. This improves the skin’s flexibility and equilibrium, skin becomes smooth, soft, and more luminous, not to mention smells divine!
- Tahitian Monoi Body Bundle with loofah – Luxurious and invigorating skin care products – Body wash, Body butter, Body scrub – a full bundle of heaven! Use a washcloth or a loofah to leave the skin looking and feeling radiant and restored. The exfoliator is the best best best.
- Self Tanner with Mit – easy to apply and quick dry – works in just 2 hours leaving you refreshed and sun-kissed. The mit can be used on face, hands, and feet for color contouring to achieve a beautiful toned look.
- Korean Bath Exfoliating Wash Cloth– removes dead and dry skin cells, cleans pores
- Dermaplane – gently sheds dead skin so you look fresh and revived
- EXERCISE – so far one of the hardest things for me to keep up during quarantine. I am a gym lover, the music, the people, the connections, the endorphins, the challenge. But lately it has been a challenge to get going.
- Athletic wear – some cute athletic wear always helps get going!!
- Yoga Mat- textured, non-slip surface, cushioned support
- Ab Roller Wheel – builds stronger abdominal muscles, light weight with a strong grip
“Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation”. A great time to incorporate a new ‘self-care’ routine in a not so normal time.